Photo

SPOT: Schneberk's Take: Ups and Downs of the Denver Broncos' Schedule

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jeff Online

Jeff Online
    • 10 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:44 PM

September 7 vs Indianapolis: The Broncos lost Manning’s return to Indy last year. Why not open this season with a possible huge bang? Manning has to win this one though.
September 14 vs Kansas City: Won both games last year, spoiled their perfect record too.

*September 21 @ Seattle: If Seattle can win this one too, and keep in mind that they absolutely destroyed Denver in both of their games last year, then maybe there is something wrong with this team. This game should be interesting because they did not play last year in the regular season, but rather once in the preseason and again in the Super Bowl.

September 28 BYE Last year the Broncos’ bye week was smack dab in the middle of the season. I'm not sure if there is an advantage either way. Football players only do their thing once, maybe twice, per week!

*October 5 Arizona: This will be among the new faces on the schedule. I'm not sure what Arizona has going for them. They do have two top receivers in Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Floyd.

*October 12 @ New York Jets: Marks the second straight game against an opponent not on last year’s schedule. It's the first game against Decker on his new team. I wonder who will come out on top in this one...

*October 19 San Francisco: Manning vs Kaepernick better be good. They played in 2013’s preseason and it was boring.

October 22 (Thursday) San Diego: With Philip Rivers getting up there, just like Manning (age), this could be one of the last games between the two QBs. Manning is no doubt the better player, but Rivers always puts him to the test. Big time. Last year’s AFC division game???

November 2 @ New England: Put Tom Brady right up there with Rivers on the list of QBs that challenge Peyton Manning to the utmost. These games usually wind up being better than the Super Bowl (last year for damn sure).

November 9 @ Oakland: The Oakland Raiders played Denver twice last year. Denver won both games. This year I don’t see things getting any better for the Raiders, having basically swapped a QB who can play in Terrelle Pryor, for someone who hasn’t yet, in Matt Schaub.

*November 16 @ St. Louis: Another new matchup on the schedule. I don’t think there is much to be worried about here. St. Louis was the Super Bowl champion about 12 years ago. That seems like it will be it for them for a while

*November 23 Miami: After what happened with the Dolphins in the middle of last season, its probably still going to find some way of effecting the way the team plays for this year. I see nothing good here for the Phins.

November 30 @ Kansas City: Its always tough to win in Kansas City, but the Sheriff has pulled it off in each of his two seasons with the Broncos. The Chiefs lost a lot of talent this year, so don't expect this trend to change.

*December 7 Buffalo: The Bills were one of the few teams that have actually helped themselves lately. They have a good QB in EJ Manuel, and they helped themselves a little more when they took WR, Sammy Watkins, out of Clemson. I think this kid will test whomever happens to be playing safety or cornerback for Denver that day.

December 14 @ San Diego: Another matchup against Rivers and the Chargers. I take my previous statements regarding Rivers vs Manning and stick them right here!

*December 22 @ Cincinnati: Cincy is on the rise too, they just haven’t done much more than earn a playoff spot, yet. They played strong enough all of last season and will definitely challenge Pittsburgh for the AFC North. At some point, we may be considering Cleveland in there too, if the team doesn’t destroy Johnny Manziel before someone else’s defense does. Let’s wait and see.

December 28 Oakland: Denver wins. I say by at least 20.
Key omissions from last year’s schedule. I know each and every season the NFL tries to change up the schedule for most of its teams, but here are the teams who were on the Broncos' schedule last year and is off this year: Ravens, Giants, Eagles, Cowboys, Jaguars, Redskins and the Texans.

Jeff Schneberk is a Broncos Team Journalist. Follow him on Twitter @game7overtime.

And be sure to follow @spot_broncos for all of the latest news and updates.

Click here to view the article
Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   Erick Trickel

Erick Trickel
    • 710 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:01 AM

Its going to be a tough ride. Can see Denver coming out at either 14-2 or 12-4. 

• Susana likes this

#3 OFFLINE   dwalls2

dwalls2
    • 17 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:36 AM

I'm pretty sure we played San Diego two times in the regular season. As we have for the last 53 years.

#4 OFFLINE   Chad Jensen

Chad Jensen
    • 2,128 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:48 AM

I'm pretty sure we played San Diego two times in the regular season. As we have for the last 53 years.

Good catch.

#5 OFFLINE   Zane

Zane
    • 61 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:51 AM

Research is overrated.

This will be a good season for the broncos. 11-5, at the worst. And there's not a chance in hell that anyone else in our division will do any better.
  • Chad Jensen, Lucas Polglaze and Susana like this

#6 OFFLINE   dwalls2

dwalls2
    • 17 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:49 PM

I would like to see three teams from our "weak" division make the playoffs, again. Would hope it was the Raiders rather than the Chiefs, though. I appreciate all of your insights on this site.

#7 OFFLINE   Zane

Zane
    • 61 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 01:41 AM

I would like to see three teams from our "weak" division make the playoffs, again. Would hope it was the Raiders rather than the Chiefs, though. I appreciate all of your insights on this site.

It's the strongest division in the AFC. Every other AFC division has one, maybe two, playoff caliber teams. I don't see it repeating this year, but I sure as hell wouldn't count on the raiders making the playoffs in this decade

#8 OFFLINE   Lucas Polglaze

Lucas Polglaze
    • 3,806 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:25 AM

It's the strongest division in the AFC. Every other AFC division has one, maybe two, playoff caliber teams. I don't see it repeating this year, but I sure as hell wouldn't count on the raiders making the playoffs in this decade

"This decade" is a long while and the Raiders made solid progress.

teamjournalist.png
polzysig2.png
Like this image? Request a personalized one from Kenneth.

Follow me at https://twitter.com/mhsradio

Words to live by: "Trash talking on the internet and not backing it up is a sure sign of cowardice." - Teddy Roosevelt

I think Lucas wants every player in the NFL to wear a Broncos uniform.

Founding Member of Spot Anti-Barr Club

#9 OFFLINE   Zane

Zane
    • 61 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:02 AM

Orange colored glasses
  • Lucas Polglaze likes this

#10 OFFLINE   Lucas Polglaze

Lucas Polglaze
    • 3,806 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:30 PM

Orange colored glasses

All day erry day.

teamjournalist.png
polzysig2.png
Like this image? Request a personalized one from Kenneth.

Follow me at https://twitter.com/mhsradio

Words to live by: "Trash talking on the internet and not backing it up is a sure sign of cowardice." - Teddy Roosevelt

I think Lucas wants every player in the NFL to wear a Broncos uniform.

Founding Member of Spot Anti-Barr Club

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users