App StoreGoogle Play App
@pfspotFacebookGoogle+myspaceLinkedIn

• Create Account

CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW DEDICATED TEAM SITES!

DALLAS COWBOYS, CLEVELAND BROWNS, PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Photo

SPOT: Haha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Joseph Yun

Joseph Yun
    • 55 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:24 PM

Height: 6'1
Weight: 210
Class: Junior
40 time: N/A

Strengths:
  • Athletic center fielder type
  • Great ball skills
  • Experience
  • Intelligent
Weaknesses:
  • Tends to be a "home run" playmaker
  • Average run defender
Injury History:
  • None
Summary:
Haha Clinton-Dix is considered to be the best safety prospect in the 2014 draft class for good reason. He has elite athleticism, intangibles, and ball skills. "Haha" also benefits greatly from having Nick Saban coaching the defensive backs at Alabama.

In Saban's defensive scheme, the safety is often the "general" of the defense. Haha has assumed the leadership role like a duck to water in a seamless transition of power from Robert Lester. He possesses elite ball skills along with great instincts as a pass defender. Clinton-Dix also has uncanny quickness and agility to instantly recover from his backpedal once the ball is in the air. The measurements are ideal as he is a robust 6'1 210 with a frame to add more weight if necessary. He has the size to compete with bigger tight ends and the foot speed to keep up with the en vogue slot receivers in the NFL.

However, as a run defender, Haha has some work to do as he often tries to go for the home run hit instead of properly wrapping up. Also, he needs to refine his pursuit angles and tackle techniques. It's nothing that extra coaching can't fix.

Notes:
  • HCD was previously suspended for 2 games this year after allegedly taking a loan from an assistant coach. He returned for the game against Arkansas.
NFL Player Comp: Ed Reed FS Ravens/Texans/Jets

Click here to view the article

#2 OFFLINE   Jonathan Parrish

Jonathan Parrish
    • 163 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:46 AM

HaHa borrowed $500 from an assistant training coach after his car was broken into and he had his iPad, team clothes, and other valuable stolen.  He paid it back before the season had started, but obviously that will come up in NFL sit down meetings.  The amount of money the university spends on teaching players about impermissible benefits is astronomical.  I'm going with perhaps just a lapse in judgment at a tough time, but you never know.

He has done well in the leadership role back there.  This has been further highlighted by the season ending injury to Vinnie Sunseri.  With Vinnie getting injured, he is really having to take sole onus of lining up an already young secondary including Landon Collins at the other Safety spot.  This will do nothing but help his draft stock as he has benefited from always being the less experienced Safety in the secondary.

Great summary.  I think you hit the nail on the head.  He has a tendency to forget to wrap up.

I for one hope he is able to be an Ed Reed.  I think he'll grade out similar to Eric Reid of LSU last year who went 18th overall.  I think HaHa's ceiling is higher though.

#3 OFFLINE   Jonathan Parrish

Jonathan Parrish
    • 163 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:23 PM

HaHa had his knee scoped last week after injuring it during practice for Auburn week. Should be out two weeks and ready for the bowl game.

Edited by Jonathan Parrish, 09 December 2013 - 03:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users