Photo

SPOT: Week 10 Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Running Backs

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Zack Pearson

Zack Pearson
    • 19 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:37 PM

Week 10 is here and the final push to the playoffs begins for most fantasy leagues. That means that every move is crucial for you down the stretch.

Let's look at three running backs you should start this week with favorable match-ups and three you should avoid this week.

Start 'Em

CJ Spiller at Pittsburgh

Spiller ran wild against against a good Chiefs defense last week with 116 yards on 12 carries. It looks like his ankle injury didn't bother him one bit and he is fully ready to carry your team on a deep playoff run.

Spiller has a favorable match-up against a Steelers defense that has already given up double-digit fantasy points to running backs six times this season.

Pierre Thomas vs. Dallas

Thomas is the main man in New Orleans with Sproles continuing to struggle. That's a good thing for Thomas owners who are looking to get a little more from the running back in the passing game.

Eight running backs have gone for double-digit points this season against the Cowboys. Even better is the fact the Cowboys have allowed seven running backs to catch at least five passes on the season.

Maurice Jones-Drew at Tennessee

MJD has been quiet fantasy-wise this season. I do like his match-up against the Titans this week however and him to continue his solid past few weeks.

Jones-Drew has had a lot of success in his recent three trips to Tennessee and I don't see why that would change this time. Expect MJD to find the end zone and have a good day against a bad Titans rush defense.

Sit 'Em

Steven Jackson vs Seattle

Jackson has been awful since returning from his injury a few weeks ago. He's only put up 8 combined points in standard scoring leagues and I don't see him improving this week either.

The Seahawks are a tough match-up for Jackson, so I'd stay away from him this week.

Ray Rice vs Cincinnati

This is a tough one.

I own Rice in a few leagues and am very weary of starting him this week. He hasn't been great this season and his struggles have hurt fantasy owners.

The Bengals are a good match-up, but Rice's struggles are keeping me away from him for this week. I'll lean towards the Sit 'Em side, unless you don't have any other valuable options.

Ben Tate vs Arizona

Arian Foster is likely to miss this weeks game so Tate should get the start. There is nothing too appealing about this match-up however and I expect Tate to put up mediocre numbers.

I'd avoid Tate this week unless you don't have many better options.

Click here to view the article
I'm a Chicagoan till Chicago ends, Till we blow like Chicago wind.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users