Photo

SPOT: The Bearded Trio-Rams Edition

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   Chris Jewell

Chris Jewell
    • 256 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:42 AM

When the Colts had Jim Harbaugh at QB, they were known as the cardiac Colts. Now it seems as if old Harbaugh showed Luck a thing or two about bringing the cardiac Colts back- Luck has 10 4th quarter and overtime comebacks in his first year and a half. As much as I love a win, I would really like it to stop being like that, or I’m only going to live until I’m about….32. If the Colts follow these three things, maybe they can pick up a win that won’t take years off my life.

1.Throw the ball more
In the Sunday night game against the Texans, the Colts did everything they could to run the ball on the number 28th ranked rush defense in the NFL, with good reason. However, when the Colts’ middle offensive line is as poor as any in recent memory, it’s just not going to work. In the second half of the game, because they were behind, the Colts began to open it up and throw the ball around a little more. It’s starting to become more and more evident that Pep Hamilton’s power running game mindset isn’t going to work this year as long as the middle of the offensive line is as bad as it is. You have Andrew Luck…..USE HIM!

2.Defense has to play like it did against Denver
Against Denver, Indy made Peyton Manning look generally terrible. On the other hand, when they played the Texans, the secondary got burned, especially covering Andre Johnson. Greg Toler still hasn’t practiced this week, and it’s looking more like Cassius Vaughn will be playing in his absence. For the love of GOD- he might want to cover someone and quit looking like something that just popped up from my toaster. I’m not saying that the Rams have the most dangerous weapons in the NFL, but from what it looked like last week, Vaughn couldn’t cover me…..with a blanket!

3.Develop Whalen and his confidence

It appears that T.Y. Hilton is going to do his best to step up for the injured Reggie Wayne, and D.H.B. and the jugs machine are surely more acquainted after some of his drops. Speaking of drops, Coby Fleenor also apparently found a pair of hands! That two point conversion was a thing of beauty. And let’s take a look at Griff Whalen: at the start of the game, Griff looked, well, less than pleasant.

In the second half, Whalen looked great, finishing with five catches and sixty yards, including a key third down catch of the game-winning drive. The Colts need to keep grooming Whalen. Along those same lines, I’m sure Reggie is in Griff’s ear building his confidence. If things go well, I think Whalen could be an Austin-Collie-type receiver. He just needs some grooming. It helps that Whalen, Luck, and Hamilton all were at Stanford only a few years ago.

The Colts, for as long as I can remember, have always been a second half, come-back-from-behind team, however, most of the time it doesn’t have to be that way. The Colts are the better team and don’t need to come back as often as they do. If the Colts follow these three things this week, the amount of beer in Colts fan’s houses won’t be consumed as quickly as last week. Scratch that. It will still be consumed, but the fans will be happier.

Click here to view the article
Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   Seth Keysor

Seth Keysor
    • 2,028 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:45 AM

Couldn't agree more about throwing the ball more.  Stop trying to justify the Richardson trade by giving a "meh" RB the ball a bunch of times.

Posted Image

I has a Twitter @RealMNchiefsfan. Sometimes I say the darndest things

#3 ONLINE   Chris Jewell

Chris Jewell
    • 256 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:46 AM

and if you keep the defense honest by chucking it around it will open up the run more. Reverse of normal haha

Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   Vance Meek

Vance Meek
    • 191 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:26 AM

I don't get to watch every Colts game, but I try. I'm a huge Andrew Luck fan, and Reggie Wayne is my favorite non-Bengals player in the league. The thing that jumps out to me more than anything is the dropped passes. DHB, of course, drops a number, but Hilton has dropped a ton, and Fleener, at least early in the season, did too. I've never seen so many sets of stone hands on one team. Imaging Luck's numbers if somebody on his team could catch.

Posted Image
The man, the myth, the, well, legend might be a little much.
Follow me @vancemeek on Twitter, where I do plenty of pontificating, prognosticating, and 'pinionating.
Bengals writer, draft analyst, and general NFL blogger at http://www.blogger.c...177660#allposts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users