SPOT: Titans Fantasy Football: Start 'Em, Sit 'Em, Sleepers

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Kenneth Goit

Kenneth Goit
    • 4,127 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

Start 'Em:

Jake Locker: Now is the time. Jake Locker had a fantastic game against the San Diego Chargers after passing for 299 yards with a touchdown and rushing for another 68 with score. The Jets have a stout defense that is good enough to only allow an average 79.7 rushing yards per game. With that in mind, the Titans will have to pass the ball to beat the Jets. Enter Jake Locker.

Nate Washington: If you're going to start Jake, you better start Nate too. He didn't score a touchdown against the Chargers, but he still had a fantastic game with 8 receptions for 131 yards. Washington is clearly Locker's favorite and most reliable target, and he is a great value in PPR leagues.

Defense/ST: The defense is great. Although Philip Rivers's stats from the Titans game are very good, the offense struggled. You could tell that the home crowd gave the offense much trouble- to a veteran quarterback in Philip Rivers. With that in mind, Geno Smith will have a very difficult time communicating and focusing in the thunderous LP Field. Geno's only bad game was away at New England. I expect him to struggle away again, as he learns what it means to be an NFL quarterback.

Sit 'Em:

Kenny Britt: No brainer here. Britt really struggled in Houston and against San Diego. After drops and penalties, Britt was benched during both games. After strong performances by backups Damian Williams, Michael Preston, and Justin Hunter (who caught the awesome game-winning touchdown), the Titans are able to move the ball more effectively without Britt. You cannot predict Kenny Britt, but it's better to be on the safe side and leave him on the bench.

Chris Johnson: CJ2K has been a consistent back in 2013. With 256 yards after three games, CJ has been a good back- but not great. He's going up against a very tough New York run defense. He's not going to have a huge game, so leave him on the bench for this one.

Sleepers:

Kendall Wright: The second-year player out of Baylor is much improved from 2012 after cutting weight and speeding up. He's going to have a strong game against New York, but I'm not sure if he should be started unless necessary.

Delanie Walker: The former 49er has become more involved with the offense every week. He brought in 5 receptions for 49 yards against San Diego but dropped a pass that was almost a lethal interception, which would have lost the game for the Titans. If he can sure-up his hands, Walker could be a stud TE for a fantasy team that doesn't have a Jimmy Graham option.

Click here to view the _RLS_

teamjournalist.png

kdubsig.png

Want a signature like mine? Click here.

Follow me on Twitter @KennethGoit

#2 OFFLINE   Derek Sjostrom

Derek Sjostrom
    • 11 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

"Locker to Walker" certainly has a nice ring to it.  Could be a nice sleeper, or just a fill-in TE with bye weeks now upon us.

Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   Kenneth Goit

Kenneth Goit
    • 4,127 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

"Locker to Walker" certainly has a nice ring to it. Could be a nice sleeper, or just a fill-in TE with bye weeks now upon us.

That really does have a nice ring to it. And you're right- with bye weeks here, he will be a serviceable TE.

teamjournalist.png

kdubsig.png

#4 OFFLINE   William Watts

William Watts
    • 1,987 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:30 AM

Starting Jake Locker just seems so risky.

#5 OFFLINE   Kenneth Goit

Kenneth Goit
    • 4,127 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:23 AM

Starting Jake Locker just seems so risky.

It is. If he fails, you'll be screwed. If he plays to his potential- it'll pay off big time.

teamjournalist.png

kdubsig.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users