App StoreGoogle Play App
@pfspotFacebookGoogle+myspaceLinkedIn

• Create Account

CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW DEDICATED TEAM SITES!

DALLAS COWBOYS, CLEVELAND BROWNS, PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Photo

SPOT: What Titans have to Show Up Against the Steelers?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   Kenneth Goit

Kenneth Goit
    • 2,603 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:40 PM

1. Jake Locker (QB)- Now, this is obvious that Locker has a lot to prove. “A lot” doesn’t even begin to cover how much he has to prove. He has a massive amount to prove to the “haters”, which happen to not only be the ESPN Talking Heads, but also many Titans fans.

Locker was very impressive in his preseason games against the Bengals and Falcons, as he made very few mistakes, with good accuracy and decisions. Locker threw fewer interceptions than many quarterbacks in the preseason- zero to be exact. The third-year quarterback out of the University of Washington has a great work ethic and will have to prove the media, the fans, and the rest of the media that he is more than a lost cause quarterback that is about to be replaced.

2. Kenny Britt (WR)- Kenny Britt is in a very intriguing situation in 2013. He’s not been arrested for around a year, but is still in a sticky situation. He is on the final year of his rookie contract, yet has a lot to prove to the Titans organization that he will be worth resigning for the 2014 season.

Britt is notorious for struggling to stay on the field, whether it is due to legal issues or injuries. He continues to battle injuries in 2013 but now is developing a case of “butter fingers.” With off-field concerns, injuries, and on-field inconsistencies, Britt has a lot on his plate. If he can stay on the field and stop dropping the ball, he will be in for a nice payday entering 2014, as he nearly unstoppable when he is playing his best football.

3. Moise Fokou (MLB)- Many Titans fans may not know this name. He is the current starting middle linebacker for the two-toned blue. Because Linebacker Colin McCarthy, a 4th-round pick out of Miami in 2011, has been hampered by injuries since the beginning of the 2012 season, free-agent Fokou has been given the shot to anchor the middle of the field of the Titans defense in 2013.

Fokou has to prove that he is worthy of this spot to not only the fans but also the coaching staff. McCarthy is now healthy enough to play football but is #2 on the depth chart; however, when he is healthy, he is a game changer who makes fantastic plays. If Fokou slips up, the coaching staff may pull the trigger quickly to put McCarthy back in the game as the defensive captain.

4. Alterraun Verner (CB)- Mr. ATV officially won the starting cornerback job over Tommie Campbell for the game against Pittsburgh. Verner is known for being a small corner that thrives in zone schemes. With a transition to more press-man schemes, Verner was expected to lose the starting job and move into the nickel position. Despite this, Verner proved to the coaching staff that he is worthy to start against the Steelers, which may change in later games, according to Coach Mike Munchak.

Verner has to prove to the coaches that he was the right choice, however. He is going against a great passer in Ben Roethlisberger. If he can minimize his mistakes and keep Big Ben in check, Verner may have a good chance to start Week 2 in Houston as well.

5. Jerry Gray- The Titans defensive coordinator is in a rough situation. Munchak spared the coach after the Titans fielded one of the worst defenses in NFL history in 2012. Now with Gregg Williams as the Senior Assistant to the team, Gray will have to prove that he is a worthy defensive coordinator so that Owner Bud Adams will not replace Gray with Gregg Williams. The preseason left some concern for Titans fans after a disappointing showing; however, the team may turn it around against an un-impressive Pittsburgh offense.

Click here to view the _RLS_

teamjournalist.png

kdubsig.png

Want a signature like mine? Click here.

Follow me on Twitter @KennethGoit

#2 OFFLINE   jhutch

jhutch
    • 6,665 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

Any word if Kendall Wright is playing? He, in my mind, is the guy that needs to have a stellar game. And he was showing strong flashes in the preseason game before he went down. 

Gray is a good one. He's going to have some trouble this year, again, I'm afraid. 

#3 ONLINE   Kenneth Goit

Kenneth Goit
    • 2,603 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:55 PM

Any word if Kendall Wright is playing? He, in my mind, is the guy that needs to have a stellar game. And he was showing strong flashes in the preseason game before he went down.

Gray is a good one. He's going to have some trouble this year, again, I'm afraid.

I forgot that KDub was injured. Munch said Monday that he will play, I believe.

teamjournalist.png

kdubsig.png

Want a signature like mine? Click here.

Follow me on Twitter @KennethGoit

#4 OFFLINE   airmcnair4ever

airmcnair4ever
    • 235 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:05 AM

nahhh. The O-line and D-line need to show up. The o-line needs to open up the running game and the d-line needs to keep Ben from extending plays and stop their running game. The wat to beat the Steelers is by being more aggressive and physical in the trenches.

Pitt has had a top 10 rush defense for the last 8 years. Only a top 10 pass defense for the last 2....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users