App StoreGoogle Play App
@pfspotFacebookGoogle+myspaceLinkedIn

• Create Account

Photo

SPOT: Is Kenny Britt's Time with the Titans Almost Over?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   Kenneth Goit

Kenneth Goit
    • 2,217 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:58 PM

Kenny Britt, the phenom, has a lot to prove in 2013. In the last year of his rookie contract, he has to put up or shut up to prove whether or not the Tennessee Titans should resign him for 2014.

The Pros

On the Field:
When Kenny Britt is at his best, he is unstoppable (it must be the first name). The former first-round pick out of Rutgers is a very balanced receiver with good speed and the ability to jump up and grab any pass that he wishes to bring in. His rise to fame began in 2009 when he ended a 99-yard Vince Young drive with a jumping grab against the Arizona Cardinals to win the game.

The 6’3” receiver had a few phenomenal games in 2010 as a second-year player, especially against the Philadelphia Eagles. He single-handedly defeated the City of Brotherly love with 225-yard, 3 touchdown performance- one that the Eagles had never allowed before. Kenny Britt simply taught the cornerback, Ellis Hobbs, who the boss was. The Titans receiver finished his 12-game season with 775 yards and 9 touchdowns.

Then 2011- Year One of Coach Mike Munchak. Kenny Britt was clearly Quarterback Matt Hasselbeck’s favorite target. In Britt’s three games before tearing his ACL, he amassed 17 receptions out of 26 targets for 289 yards and 3 touchdowns. For you math whizzes out there, that’s 96.33 yards per game, with one of the games being cut short by that nasty injury in the Denver Broncos game (which I still remember vividly.

The Cons

Off the Field:

Titans WR Kenny Britt Arrested for Outstanding Warrants

Titans Receiver Kenny Britt Arrested: Tried to Outrun Police

Tennessee Titans star Kenny Britt, of Bayonne, arrested in Hoboken; day after he pleads guilty to reckless driving

Need I post more? Kenny Britt has been arrested eight times since entering the NFL (to his credit, he was acquitted of his DUI charge in 2012). He has not been arrested in over a year, but he allegedly avoided the police earlier in 2013 due to his involvement as a witness to a stabbing of someone close to him. Kenny Britt has failed to stay out of trouble for a whole year for his entire NFL career. If he can get his head together, he could be really special.

On the Field:
Kenny Britt struggled in 2012 as he recovered from his 2011 injury. It wasn’t until late in the season that he looked like old KB. Well, that doesn’t matter now that it’s 2013; however, in training camp and preseason action, Britt has become a victim of a problem that could send him packing- butter fingers. Britt has been dropping balls similarly to Justin Gage! He is a vital part of the winning process for the Tennessee Titans in 2013 to help aid the young Jake Locker. If he cannot hold on to the ball and pickup the 1st down, the Titans won’t bring him back in 2014.

On and Off the Field:
Hold up- how is that possible? How can he be on and off of the field at the same time? Easy- he’s on the sideline. Kenny Britt is injury prone. That is a terrible, disgusting, terrifying term that no player wants to be classified as, but Kenny Britt is that. His knee continues to give him soreness, as he sits out of practices to this day. To top that off, it seems that whenever Kenny Britt is able to play, he’s almost always battling hamstring issues. His legs are such an issue for him that it could end his career in Tennessee.

Conclusion

I do believe Kenny Britt may be on his way out of Tennessee after the 2013 season. He is a phenomenal player who can make amazing plays against any defense; however, he won’t be able to do that if he’s dropping the ball, nursing his hamstring or dealing with the law every other week. The Titans will be able to replace Britt with Justin Hunter if need be, and they will move on in 2014 if Britt does not improve this year.

Click here to view the _RLS_

teamjournalist.png

kdubsig.png

Want a signature like mine? Click here.

Follow me on Twitter @KennethGoit

#2 OFFLINE   Brandon Stephens

Brandon Stephens
    • 725 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:32 PM

Oakland should give u guys a 3rd rounder for him. He would be our #1
RaiderNation

#3 ONLINE   Kenneth Goit

Kenneth Goit
    • 2,217 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:05 AM

Oakland should give u guys a 3rd rounder for him. He would be our #1

I really want to keep Britt, unless he doesn't improve. When he's good, he's truly fantastic and is worth way more than a 3rd round pick. But if he sucks, the Raiders can sign him before 2014 lol.

teamjournalist.png

kdubsig.png

Want a signature like mine? Click here.

Follow me on Twitter @KennethGoit

#4 OFFLINE   Brandon Stephens

Brandon Stephens
    • 725 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:43 AM

I really want to keep Britt, unless he doesn't improve. When he's good, he's truly fantastic and is worth way more than a 3rd round pick. But if he sucks, the Raiders can sign him before 2014 lol.

Agree
RaiderNation

#5 OFFLINE   jhutch

jhutch
    • 6,586 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:50 AM

I think there's a 75% chance he's a goner. Really have wanted him to put on a show in preseason, but he hasn't exactly done it. He'll have to during the season in order to keep his spot.

#6 OFFLINE   jhutch

jhutch
    • 6,586 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:54 PM

Coach Mike Munchak said the Titans will probably have to give Kenny Britt (knee) a day off nearly every week this season.

Britt tore his right ACL in 2011. He wasn't the same player last season, and he's been battling swelling in the surgically-repaired knee this summer. Britt will be a name seen frequently on injury reports this season. Injury concerns have kept his ADP down, and we like his value in the eighth and ninth rounds of drafts. Britt has legit No. 1 receiver talent, but is a true boom-or-bust pick.

Aug 26 - 5:55 PM

More reason to think he's out. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users