Photo

SPOT: Exclusive Interview: Marcus Lattimore, RB, 49ers

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Evan Massey

Evan Massey
    • 1,395 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:01 AM

Q. Thanks for joining us today Marcus, how are you doing?
A. I am well, thanks.

Q. How excited are you to officially be an NFL player?
A. Couldn’t be more excited. I am really blessed to have joined such a great team and organization.

Q. Do you feel Frank Gore will be a big help since he had a similar start in the NFL?
A. Yes, there is a lot to learn from a back like Gore. If I can have the career he has had, I would be very pleased.

Q. What was it like playing for Steve Spurrier?
A. It was great. Coach Spurrier is such a great coach. He really was the key to our success in the SEC and to what the Carolina program is now.

Posted Image

Q. How did this injury impact your life? I would assume there were some very dark days. How did you push through it? What was it that kept you going? Did you ever consider giving up?
A. Just made me realize that nothing is guaranteed in life. Need to treasure every moment. Some people say I am lucky to walk, let alone play football. The first couple of days alone in Pensacola training were a little dark. All by myself (no family). My faith in God helped me get through it. Also friends, family, agents, etc. God and Fan support is what kept me going. Yes, the day it happened, I assumed it was “over”.

Q. I know you are a man of faith. How did this injury impact your relationship with the Lord?
A. Made it so much stronger, so much. With God, you can achieve the impossible. I am living proof.

Q. Do you expect to play right away in 2013 or do the 49ers want to allow a season to pass to fully repair your knee?
A. Looks like by week 7 at best. I was on track to be ready for the first game but the team has slowed down the rehab process for me. I am ok with it, they know what is best.

Q. What do you feel is the area for the most improvement in your game?
A. Just learning all of the NFL defenses and studying film. I consider my self a complete back (catch, run, block) but there is ALWAYS room for improvement. Adjusting to the speed of the NFL game is what I need to work on.

Q. At what age did you begin playing football? When did you realize that you had this kind of talent?
A. About 5 years old. In high school, like sophomore year.

Q. What kinds of things do you enjoy doing off the field in your free time? What is your favorite food?
A. Read, video games sometimes, eating food, hanging with family and friends, go to church, watching travel channel (my favorite channel). I like everything – all foods. Lately I like sushi and italian.

Q. What would you tell a young football player with NFL dreams to do?
A. School comes first, always. Nothing is guaranteed so if you don’t have education, you don’t have anything. Never ever give up on your dream. When you get knocked down, get back up and go at it harder. Always remember to do the right thing first and consider others. God will find a way

If you'd like to give Marcus a follow on Twitter, his account is @MarcusLattimore
Also give the Pro Football Spot account a follow! @pfspot

Thanks for reading, and comments are very much appreciated!

Click here to view the article
  • JimVols and Devin Noonan like this
Posted Image

#2 ONLINE   jhutch

jhutch
    • 6,323 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:04 AM

Great interview! And great questions Pro Football Spot!

• JimVols likes this

#3 OFFLINE   Frank Peters

Frank Peters
    • 84 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:10 AM

Awesome! Very nice interview.

hayward.png

#4 OFFLINE   TEK

TEK
    • 1,131 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:19 AM

Good interview, it's nice seeing the players answers to these more chatty questions than the standard straight business questions they spend most of their time answering.

With modern medicine, you can achieve the impossible. I am living proof.

fix'd

:ph34r:

Edited by TEK, 25 June 2013 - 12:20 AM.

0426_TrufantArrives_Blog.jpg

#5 OFFLINE   Armchair Quarterback

Armchair Quarterback
    • 53 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:46 AM

Great interview and great athlete. Impressed to see his emphasis on education, not taking anything for granted, and conviction in his personal religious beliefs.

Also impressed that the interviewer asked a follow up question about Lattimore's personal faith. Don't see interviewers doing that much these days.

All in all, solid interview and hope to see more in the future.
  • JimVols likes this

#6 ONLINE   jhutch

jhutch
    • 6,323 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:49 AM

http://profootballsp...w/?hl=lattimore

I'll take credit for those two questions ;)

• JimVols and Armchair Quarterback like this

#7 OFFLINE   Armchair Quarterback

Armchair Quarterback
    • 53 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:22 AM

http://profootballsp...w/?hl=lattimore

I'll take credit for those two questions ;)

Credit given. Nice thinking jhutch. Any more interviews coming up?

#8 OFFLINE   JMo3406

JMo3406
    • 26 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:45 AM

Good interview. I can't think of another player not on the Colts I will root for more than him.

#9 ONLINE   Devin Noonan

Devin Noonan
    • 133 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:24 AM

Great interview, I can't wait to see him take the field!
Posted Image

#10 OFFLINE   JimVols

JimVols
    • 2 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:42 AM

Great interview.  I have a lot of respect for Lattimore.  Hope he is a great success in the NFL.

#11 ONLINE   Truth Hurts Huffman

Truth Hurts Huffman
    • 1,319 posts

• PipPipPip

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:51 AM

Good stuff.

Green Bay Packers (1995-life)
Chicago Cubs (1997-life)
Tennessee Titans (2010-life)

#12 OFFLINE   Dr. Eggsw

Dr. Eggsw
    • 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:32 AM

Neat testimony!  Hangin' out w/ former PSU'er there in SanFran...Mr. N. Bowman             Dr. Eggs

Dr. Eggs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users