App StoreGoogle Play App
@pfspotFacebookGoogle+myspaceLinkedIn

• Create Account

CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW DEDICATED TEAM SITES!

DALLAS COWBOYS, CLEVELAND BROWNS, PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Photo
- - - - -

JAWS ranks Jake Locker as 2nd worst starting QB in the NFL

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jhutch

jhutch
    • 6,590 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:33 PM

Was watching the QB countown, in which Jaworski came to the conclusion that Jake as a very long way to go. I suppose this isn't terribly surprising, but still - pretty discouraging thing to read about your franchise QB. 

#2 OFFLINE   Rybcon

Rybcon
    • 4,056 posts

• PipPipPip

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:57 PM

What were his rankings based on?

95df.jpg

Make everything louder than everything else - Ritchie Blackmore

#3 OFFLINE   David Corzo

David Corzo
    • 37 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:02 PM

yikes… I was watching that, too.

I'm gonna miss Glover Quin on the Texans. The dude was a bone crusher like Bernard Pollard but could actually cover.

#4 OFFLINE   ShiftySwifty53

ShiftySwifty53
    • 112 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:06 PM

Lets remember this isnt the worst starters list, it is the top 32 qbs.

#5 OFFLINE   jhutch

jhutch
    • 6,590 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:15 PM

Top 32 starting QBs, if I remember correctly. 

#6 OFFLINE   tyler6914

tyler6914
    • 1,108 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:16 PM

It's ranking the top 32 starters at QB in the league I believe, but obviously if you are at 32 or 31 that isn't a good thing.

#7 OFFLINE   jhutch

jhutch
    • 6,590 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:18 PM

After studying Jake Locker's game tape, ESPN's Ron Jaworski came away believing Locker still has a "long way to go" to become a successful NFL quarterback.
Ranked 31st in Jaws' QB Countdown, Locker displayed suspect awareness in terms of reading defenses, poorer accuracy on movement throws than expected, and a startling proneness to getting sacked. "While Locker has often been talked about as throwing well on the run, a careful look at all his throws reveals that he is erratic with both his clarity and his accuracy," Jaws stated. "What really stood out in evaluating Locker was the number of sacks he took that resulted from pressure outside the box, especially from the slot." Jaworski concluded by saying, "if (Locker) does not throw with more consistent accuracy, he will always struggle to become a quality NFL starter.

#8 OFFLINE   Cjw

Cjw
    • 930 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:14 AM

Who was last?

@cjw_55106

#9 OFFLINE   Cjw

Cjw
    • 930 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:15 AM

Nevermind...saw the other thread.

@cjw_55106

#10 OFFLINE   DeJonne Johnson

DeJonne Johnson
    • 159 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:34 AM

It makes sense. Jake looked bad last year, wether it was injury or not. But I don't think he's that low. He's better than tannehill, Palmer, grabbert, ponder. So he ps a little off. But jake has to prove last year wasn't him.

#11 ONLINE   Sami Mamou

Sami Mamou
    • 3,475 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:39 AM

He's got no more excuses.

He's got talent all around him.

Put up or shutup time. 

My money is on him progressing greatly, personally. 

#12 OFFLINE   PhinsUp

PhinsUp
    • 238 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:01 AM

It makes sense. Jake looked bad last year, wether it was injury or not. But I don't think he's that low. He's better than tannehill, Palmer, grabbert, ponder. So he ps a little off. But jake has to prove last year wasn't him.

Locker - 197 YPG, 56 CMP%, 74 QB Rating 

Tannehill - 205 YPG, 58.3 CMP%, 76 QB Rating 

Palmer - 267 YPG, 61 CMP%, 85.3 QB Rating 

Locker also had more talent around him than Tannehill or Palmer. 

• Devin Noonan, efoster57 and Joey Rebbe like this

38559423-4758-45c3-ae05-4d4555b5a7c3.jpg

#13 OFFLINE   Zach Knutson

Zach Knutson
    • 337 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:05 AM

Too early to tell if you ask me!

Posted Image

#14 OFFLINE   Jonathan Parrish

Jonathan Parrish
    • 163 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:33 PM

If he doesn't show progress, the Titans may look for a QB early or maybe 2nd round if anything to push him.

#15 OFFLINE   Mooncamping

Mooncamping
    • 838 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:39 PM

Jaws thinks he´s a brainiac, it´s all in the hypothetical.  Good luck challenging his opinions though.

Locker is a flop, though.

Posted Image

#16 OFFLINE   Kenneth Goit

Kenneth Goit
    • 2,238 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:22 PM

Jaws thinks he´s a brainiac, it´s all in the hypothetical.  Good luck challenging his opinions though.

Locker is a flop, though.

How can he be called a flop when he hasn't even started a whole season?

teamjournalist.png

kdubsig.png

Want a signature like mine? Click here.

Follow me on Twitter @KennethGoit

#17 OFFLINE   Mooncamping

Mooncamping
    • 838 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:29 PM

How can he be called a flop when he hasn't even started a whole season?

He does nothing.

Posted Image

#18 OFFLINE   Kenneth Goit

Kenneth Goit
    • 2,238 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:40 PM

He does nothing.

Are you kidding me? This kid puts more effort in every play than a lot of NFL QBs. Have you even watched three Titans games?

Watch this video and tell me he doesn't do anything. Especially watch the play at 2:10

And then you can't ignore this play from 2011:

teamjournalist.png

kdubsig.png

Want a signature like mine? Click here.

Follow me on Twitter @KennethGoit

#19 OFFLINE   Zach Knutson

Zach Knutson
    • 337 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:49 PM

Locker and Ponder both get the same critics. Still early in their careers. You just watch, the Vikings and Titans will be contenders soon.

Edited by Zach Knutson, 03 July 2013 - 07:51 PM.

• Kenneth Goit and Zach Knutson like this
Posted Image

#20 OFFLINE   Joey Rebbe

Joey Rebbe
    • 151 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:43 PM

As a Washington Husky fan, I really want Jake to succeed. He's a hero in Seattle. But right now, he hasn't adapted to the NFL game whatsoever. 

He definitely is not better than Ryan Tannehill, who put up more yards, with a higher completion percentage, more touchdowns, with a higher passer rating than Locker. Christian Ponder put up significantly better stats than both of them. So did Carson Palmer. Gabbert flat out sucks though. I'll give you that. 

The problem with Jake is he is not accurate, and too reckless. These issues plagued him at UW, but he could get away with it because of his effort and awesome athleticism. In the NFL, he has not learned to hone his armstrength. He has the cannon, but his release is inconsistent due to awful footwork. And as any QB guru will tell you, footwork is key to the success of every great NFL quarterback. Also, having relied on his legs so much in college, Locker never really got used to reading defensive schemes. Thus, his pre snap reads are flawed. 

Jaws is absolutely right. Jake has a very long way to go. But I really hope he succeeds. It will take some serious work ethic and coaching, though. Knowing Jake, I'm well aware that he has the work ethic and drive to succeed. He's a great, great guy. Hopefully it all comes together for him.

• Zach Knutson likes this

teamjournalist.png

You follow my twitter, I'll follow yours

https://twitter.com/JoeyRebbe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users