- - - - -

What's up with Titans Nate Washington?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jhutch

jhutch
    • 6,320 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:44 PM

I don't understand. I see everywhere that the national media is expecting us to cut him before the season, but everyone in the local media acts like there's no way this will happen. 

Titans signed second-round WR Justin Hunter to a four-year contract.
Hunter, the No. 34 overall pick, has missed all of OTAs with a hamstring issue, and he's not expected back on the field anytime before training camp. The rookie should immediately step in as the Titans' starting "Z" receiver opposite Kenny Britt at the "X" spot. Nate Washington isn't expected to stick around.

Take this for example. I have no clue where this information is coming from...

#2 OFFLINE   Kenneth Goit

Kenneth Goit
    • 1,563 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:13 AM

Jacob- You're a Titans fan?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Follow me on Twitter @KennethGoit

Request a Profile Picture or Signature like mine here!

Or you can find some Generic Profile Pictures for Each Team:

AFC North and East, AFC South and West, NFC North and South, NFC East and West

#3 OFFLINE   jhutch

jhutch
    • 6,320 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:10 PM

Big Titans fan here

#4 OFFLINE   Jake Arthur

Jake Arthur
    • 1,828 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:12 PM

I don't know about you two, but I can't wait for the Colts and Titans battles this year.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Follow me on Twitter @JakeArthurISR

#5 OFFLINE   Kenneth Goit

Kenneth Goit
    • 1,563 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:49 PM

Oh, it's actually going to be a good game this season. This Titans team is stacked. The only position that is questionable is the quarterback. If Jake can play to the best of his ability, we are going deep into the playoffs. He's got the work ethic and the ability. Now it's just time to wrap it all together on the field. He's apparently been really good in OTAs. Although it's just OTAs, they've said he's doing a lot better than last year. So, I'm stoked for this season.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   Jake Arthur

Jake Arthur
    • 1,828 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:48 PM

I think IND, TEN and HOU are still just going to poop on JAX still hahaha. They'll get back up eventually.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   Kenneth Goit

Kenneth Goit
    • 1,563 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:05 PM

But not with Yo-Gabba-Gabbert as their QB.
  • tyler6914 and efoster57 like this

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   tyler6914

tyler6914
    • 1,073 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:08 PM

But not with Yo-Gabba-Gabbert as their QB.

You aint kidding, that guy is not good at all or even close. And his back up who is in the running to be the starter isn't any better.

#9 OFFLINE   Jake Arthur

Jake Arthur
    • 1,828 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

You aint kidding, that guy is not good at all or even close. And his back up who is in the running to be the starter isn't any better.

I hope Matt Scott gets a chance.  Otherwise, it blows my mind why they wouldn't have drafted a guy.  They could've got Barkley, Smith, etc.  Not to mention they took a punter over Russell Wilson last year.  What a bunch of Munsons.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 OFFLINE   DeJonne Johnson

DeJonne Johnson
    • 159 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:29 AM

Nate Washington is fine. The notion of him not being on the team was due to the team shopping him around in the draft in a effort to move up. He is having a great camp and is the Titans most reliable receiver at the moment.

#11 OFFLINE   jhutch

jhutch
    • 6,320 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

Nate Washington is fine. The notion of him not being on the team was due to the team shopping him around in the draft in a effort to move up. He is having a great camp and is the Titans most reliable receiver at the moment.

Good. That's what I've thought as well. I can't imagine him being off the roster for this season. I think that would be incredibly stupid. He's certainly been our most consistent receiver of the past few seasons. 

#12 OFFLINE   Jake Arthur

Jake Arthur
    • 1,828 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:09 PM

Don't you guys want to see how ridiculous the passing game will be with Wright, Britt and Hunter? Too many balls to go around. Maybe they let go of NW once Hunter is established.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 OFFLINE   jhutch

jhutch
    • 6,320 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:20 PM

I don't have faith in all three of those guys to be healthy at the same time more than a couple games this season unfortunately.

#14 ONLINE   Truth Hurts Huffman

Truth Hurts Huffman
    • 1,316 posts

• PipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:29 PM

I think NW is safe. His durability and experience are nice insurance when the top three WRs include two guys who are coming off ACL injuries from 2011.

Edited by Truth Hurts Huffman, 15 June 2013 - 11:29 PM.

Green Bay Packers (1995-life)
Chicago Cubs (1997-life)
Tennessee Titans (2010-life)

#15 OFFLINE   DeJonne Johnson

DeJonne Johnson
    • 159 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:48 PM

The titans will start the year with britt Nate and wright. Hunter really only beats Nate in downfield ability. But the fact is hunter is not a receiver to just throw out there. He will need to develop and learn. Nate is the knowledgeable receiver on the team. Letting him go would be stupid.
  • jhutch likes this

#16 OFFLINE   Jake Arthur

Jake Arthur
    • 1,828 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:03 PM

The titans will start the year with britt Nate and wright. Hunter really only beats Nate in downfield ability. But the fact is hunter is not a receiver to just throw out there. He will need to develop and learn. Nate is the knowledgeable receiver on the team. Letting him go would be stupid.

That's for sure.  I just hope Hunter reaches his potential 'cause that guy could be GOOD.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 OFFLINE   jhutch

jhutch
    • 6,320 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:10 PM

Coach Mike Munchak said Nate Washington is "very much" in the Titans' plans.
"He is our leader," Munchak said. "We know how thin that position can get real quickly, and we have a good group to watch. Nate is very much in our plans." The Titans have spent a ton of money, but they're still not in a position where they need to shed Washington's $4.2 million salary. Also, the team is in win-now mode as GM Ruston Webster and Munchak try to save their jobs. Washington remains an unlikely candidate for significant 2013 fantasy value as he vies for targets with Kenny Britt, Kendall Wright, Justin Hunter, and Delanie Walker.

THANK YOU!

#18 OFFLINE   DeJonne Johnson

DeJonne Johnson
    • 159 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:30 PM

Nate is going to be our franchise player. You need a solid veteran player at wr and with britt wright and hunter there is too much youth and inexperience. If hunter develops then Nate will be pushed out of the starting lineup but his solid play will surely keep in him rotation, although eventually we will need to free some of his money up.

#19 OFFLINE   Robert Greenlaw

Robert Greenlaw
    • 29 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:17 AM

Personally, I feel like the Nate situation is much ado about nothing. He's always been a great team guy. Look forward to the offense moving forward quite a bit this year. 

Posted Image

#20 OFFLINE   jhutch

jhutch
    • 6,320 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:44 AM

Coach Mike Munchak said Nate Washington "has had the best camp since he's been [a Titan]."
Munchak talked up the entire receiving corps following Wednesday's final minicamp practice. "It was fun seeing Kenny [Britt] healthy and not having questions every day about his health, and seeing [Kendall Wright] lose 15 pounds and running out here like a guy who’s going to break a lot of runs next year," Munchak said. "Washington has had the best camp he’s had since he’s been here. He’s been a leader. He’s been everything you could ask for." The Titans have a ton of talent -- including second-round rookie Justin Hunter -- at the position, but it's going to be up to Jake Locker to make the most of it all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users