App StoreGoogle Play App
@pfspotFacebookGoogle+myspaceLinkedIn

• Create Account

CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW DEDICATED TEAM SITES!

DALLAS COWBOYS, CLEVELAND BROWNS, PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Photo

Tebow Wants Out

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Fightin' Titans

Fightin' Titans
    • 503 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

You credit Tebow for the TD pass in OT vs Pittsburgh like it was some huge feat.  He was defending the outside THE WHOLE WAY and Thomas ran a slant.  Tebow threw the ball to Thomas 5 yards ahead of him and Thomas ran the rest of the 75 yards with his god given speed. 

290 attempts 54.5% 6.40 for Josh Freeman
271 attemps, 46.5% 6.38 for Tim Tebow

46.5%???? Are you kidding me?  Blaine Gabbart had 50.5% with the same amount of TD's and 5 more INT's, but yet Blaine Gabbart is that much horrible.  I have NEVER seen people want someone to play QB that CANNOT pass the ball......that is until the Tebow supporters come clammoring.

I tell you what, go ahead and put him on the Titans.  We'll see how fast you change your tune.  I mean, you already have changed it with Locker from what I read a few weeks ago.  And he's been in the league 1 year less than Tebow, yet he is statistically a better passer.

46.5% vs 54.5%

But

12/6 vs 10/18

I'll take crappy throws as he develops over losing games via turnovers, any day.

Posted Image

#22 OFFLINE   WhySoSerious?

WhySoSerious?
    • 423 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:37 PM

46.5% vs 54.5%

But

12/6 vs 10/18

I'll take crappy throws as he develops over losing games via turnovers, any day.

So, I take it you are 100% on board for starting Tim Tebow over Jake Locker then, right?

Out of the 83 NFL players that threw a pass last year, Tim Tebow was 77th in passer completion.  Out of 33 Quarterbacks that threw 200 times or more last year, Tim Tebow finished DEAD LAST.

#23 OFFLINE   Fightin' Titans

Fightin' Titans
    • 503 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

So, I take it you are 100% on board for starting Tim Tebow over Jake Locker then, right?

Out of the 83 NFL players that threw a pass last year, Tim Tebow was 77th in passer completion.  Out of 33 Quarterbacks that threw 200 times or more last year, Tim Tebow finished DEAD LAST.

At this point I would, yeah. Especially if you're comparing them with the same schemes rather than one that has Locker passing 30 times a game and Tebow 15. Locker is like the anti-Tebow when it comes to 4th quarter play.

Posted Image

#24 OFFLINE   WhySoSerious?

WhySoSerious?
    • 423 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

At this point I would, yeah. Especially if you're comparing them with the same schemes rather than one that has Locker passing 30 times a game and Tebow 15. Locker is like the anti-Tebow when it comes to 4th quarter play.

That is all I was asking.  I would pick Jake Locker without hesitation if it were me, but obviously I'll have to respectfully disagree with your opinion.  I would rather have a young quarterback with a 57.6% over a young player (I don't feel he's a quarterback, so I'll call him a player) that is 11% lower in percentages.  Particularly when Jake Locker is asked to throw on average 29.88 (or to make it easier by rounding, 30) passes a game over a quarterback that is asked to throw on average 19.35 (again, to round off, 19) which is 11 passes less per game or 176 less per season in a 16 game schedule.  Not to mention Locker threw 155 more yards in 9 games than Tebow did in 14, and also maintained a 7.00 yards per completion average, compared to Tebow's 6.38.

#25 OFFLINE   WhySoSerious?

WhySoSerious?
    • 423 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

Let me also add that while Tebow did only throw 6 INT's in his season to Locker's 9, Tebow also lost 7 fumbles, compared to Locker's 2.

I also forgot to add that these stats for Locker was all from this season (since it's our most recent data), and obviously Tebow's 2011 season (his most recent data).

Edited by WhySoSerious?, 20 December 2012 - 03:22 PM.

#26 OFFLINE   Fightin' Titans

Fightin' Titans
    • 503 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

I don't know where you got that last stat from.. Tebow lost 6 fumbles to Locker's 4. The fact that Tebow had 90 more rushes may have had something to do with that?

Their stats aren't that much different in terms of passing either. You also have to note the fact that Locker's 30 attempts a game benefits him since he's actually given the ability to get into a rhythm before he's forced to pass with his team playing from behind.

271 attempts vs 269 attempts

1729 yards vs 1884 yards

6.4 YPA vs 7.0 YPA

12 TDs vs 9 TDs

6 INTs vs 9 INTs

46.5% vs 57.6%

72.9 QB rating vs 76.5 QB rating

Posted Image

#27 OFFLINE   WhySoSerious?

WhySoSerious?
    • 423 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

Ahhhh, I didn't see the rushing stats.  In that case, Tebow still lost 2 fumbles didn't lose 7 fumbles, he lost 9.  So 9 fumbles to Lockers 4 in fumbles lost (2 while passing, 2 while rushing), and 13 total fumbles for Tebow (4 recovered) to 4 for Locker.  

Also, your statement of the 30 passing attempts per game gives you a rhythm is very laughable.  That is considering Tebow only completed 46.5% of his passes.  You can't get into a rhythm throwing the ball when you're throwing incomplete passes all the time.  There is a reason why Tebow didn't throw the ball 20+ a game while at Denver.  That 46.5% is the reason.  That is why ESPN NFL analysts say he's a bad quarterback.  The only person that is adamant about Tebow starting is Skip Bayless.  Whenever I hear Skip Bayless talk, I completely fall over my head laughing.  He talks so highly of Tebow, but yet he calls out quarterbacks like Tony Romo or Philip Rivers.  Both of those QB's average almost 20% better completion percentages than Tebow.  Completion percentages do carry their weight.  While some can argue that it might be the WR's, this isn't the case.  Peyton Manning is throwing 67.9% with the same receivers and the same offensive coordinator.  He's also getting an average of 34 pass attempts per game.  This is because he's a reliable QB throwing the ball, Tebow is not.

#28 OFFLINE   Jets201

Jets201
    • 709 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

Rumors are floating that he may be traded after the season.

Posted Image
Just. End. The. Season.

#29 OFFLINE   WhySoSerious?

WhySoSerious?
    • 423 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

If by trading, you mean released, then I agree with you.  Only 2 NFL teams were interested in Tebow last year.  The Jets were obviously 1, and the Jags were the other.  The Jags owner didn't want him....

#30 OFFLINE   Fightin' Titans

Fightin' Titans
    • 503 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

Lol @ using what ESPN analysts think as part of your argument.

Passing 30 times a game DOES give you a rhythm. When you're passing the ball exclusively on 3rd and long until you need to comeback, you aren't given a chance to get into a rhythm at all and give the defense much more luxury with their playcalling. 

From what I'm looking at, the lost fumbles is a combination of both losing the ball while scrambling and losing it in the pocket. So it's still 6 for Tebow, 4 for Locker.

Posted Image

#31 OFFLINE   WhySoSerious?

WhySoSerious?
    • 423 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

No, it's not.  7 lost fumbles were made during passing, and 2 were made during rushing (beyond the line of scrimmage).  You can say whatever you want, 46.5% does not deserve a starting spot as a QB in this league.  He didn't get a rhythm because he can't fucking throw.  He can't complete passes.  Hell, Derek Anderson has a higher passer %.  He only bested RYAN LEAF's rookie season by 1%.  Ryan Leaf beat him by 4% in 2000, the next time he got to play.  

The fact that he had a 1,200 yard running back, a kicker that was able to kick 60+ yard field goals, and a schedule that allowed him to play no team with a winning record while he was a QB speaks volumes.

#32 OFFLINE   Fightin' Titans

Fightin' Titans
    • 503 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

I assume you're looking at ESPN, and you're reading it wrong. It says 7 fumbles from the pocket.. but does not say how many were lost. 6 fumbles running, 2 lost. 13 total fumbles. Go to NFL.com and see they combine the fumble stats.. bam, 13 fumbles, 6 lost. 

So what's to make of Kyle Orton having a 1,200 yard running back, a kicker who can make 60+ yard field goals, and a schedule that allowed him to play no team with a winning record while he was at QB (I made that last one up, but so did you) and the Broncos going 1-4 compared to the Tebow-led Broncos going 7-4? I mean, if you think he's a worse quarterback than Ryan Leaf, then tell me, why was the same team able to win games with him and not a guy like Orton whose considered to be a top tier backup?

Posted Image

#33 OFFLINE   jhutch

jhutch
    • 6,665 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

Okay, I've gotta jump in here. I'm the biggest Tebow fan you will meet. But, he is NOT a good QB. And doesn't "deserve to be starting" on any team. 

However, the Jets lied to him and the way he's been treated this year is not right, at all. 

Here's my view on why he's not starting. Tebow was truly the backup all year. This late in the season, if Rex were to finally swap to Tebow (like a lot of Jets fans think they should of before the season was lost), then it makes Rex look like even more of an idiot. 

If Tebow comes out and starts the final two games, and you win. Rex loses his job for not putting him in earlier in the season. Rex had no option but to start McElroy in the last game. He chose to cover his own ass at Tebow's expense. Plain and simple.

The Jaguars will be the only team interested in picking him up. And they won't have to trade to get him. 

But, if I was the Redskins, I'd be taking a hard look at him to backup RGIII in the offense they have there. If there's anything Tebow can do, its run and throw the deep ball. 

#34 OFFLINE   Jordan Heck

Jordan Heck
    • 677 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

46.5% vs 54.5%

But

12/6 vs 10/18

But the amount of interceptions came because Freeman threw the ball a lot more than Tebow. Obviously you aren't going to throw many picks if you don't throw the ball at all. Freeman had 290 pass attempts in 9 starts compared to Tebow's 271 in 11 starts. He had played two less games and still had more pass attempts. Also, the Bucs team that season was straight trash. The Broncos at least had a good team around Tebow as you can tell by this year.

Posted Image

#35 OFFLINE   Fightin' Titans

Fightin' Titans
    • 503 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

But the amount of interceptions came because Freeman threw the ball a lot more than Tebow. Obviously you aren't going to throw many picks if you don't throw the ball at all. Freeman had 290 pass attempts in 9 starts compared to Tebow's 271 in 11 starts. He had played two less games and still had more pass attempts. Also, the Bucs team that season was straight trash. The Broncos at least had a good team around Tebow as you can tell by this year.

Then why did Tebow throw more touchdown passes?

And even if Tebow got a 12th start and threw those extra 19 passes, you think he would throw 13 interceptions in that game so he could end up with more than Freeman?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users