- - - - -

Ravens Fire OC?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   jhutch

jhutch
    • 6,338 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:22 AM

And replace him with someone who has never called a game before? I know his use of Ray Rice has been pretty horrible lately, but they are having a good season. To cut him at this point makes little to no sense to me. 

#2 ONLINE   Sami Mamou

Sami Mamou
    • 3,268 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:24 AM

Flacco Hates Him

#3 ONLINE   bobferg

bobferg
    • 1,178 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:36 AM

Jim Cladwell is a joke.  This is a great move.  Ravens will lock up the 4th seed and the Colts will sprint to the 5.

Then the upset is on in Baltimore. 

@BobbyFerg

ManCaveSports

luckmebeautiful.png

^ GOD ^

Thanks d3v

#4 ONLINE   Sami Mamou

Sami Mamou
    • 3,268 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:49 AM

Cam Cameron is as bad a play caller as I've seen in the NFL.. 

Doesn't use his weapons, and is ridiculously predictable.. He is as bad as Norm Chow.

Caldwell will be better, if only because it's hard to be worse than Cam.

#5 ONLINE   jhutch

jhutch
    • 6,338 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

I mean, I haven't watched many of their games. But, a good record says something. It can't be their defense winning them all these games when they have injuries. 

#6 ONLINE   Sami Mamou

Sami Mamou
    • 3,268 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:45 AM

True, but if you want to re-sign your QB, having a superior he despises doesn't tilt things in your favor.

And the Ravens offense really hasn't been great.. Smith and Rice are way too underutilized. 

#7 OFFLINE   Toreno

Toreno
    • 228 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

I mean, I haven't watched many of their games. But, a good record says something. It can't be their defense winning them all these games when they have injuries. 

Our record maybe good, but the play calling has been bad. The Ravens aren't getting the results they had hoped from the offense. If you watched all the games this season, you would say this is the best move. There are weeks where Rice literally disappears from games, because of play calling. Not to mention the no-huddle offense we were suppose to use more completely vanished. Flacco and Rice have voiced their opinions a little about the play calling as well. Then the Redskins game didn't help at all either, Flacco throws 3 TDs and Rice is running all over the defense. Then in the second half we just start calling vanilla plays not trying to score, just settle for what we have now. Then we have 29 seconds left in the fourth and we decide to knee against the worst pass defense in the league? 

I'm glad he was fired and they gave the job to Caldwell. Hopefully he gives Flacco more control over the offense. 

#8 ONLINE   Sami Mamou

Sami Mamou
    • 3,268 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

New Ravens OC Jim Caldwell is expected to emphasize the no-huddle approach.

Caldwell's claim to fame is riding Peyton Manning and the hurry-up offense to the Super Bowl as head coach of the Colts. The Ravens did plenty of this early on this season, but it was eventually scrapped under the predictable, old-school Cam Cameron. A quicker tempo and more snaps will be a good thing for the statistical upside of Joe Flacco, Ray Rice and the entire Ravens' offense.

#9 ONLINE   jhutch

jhutch
    • 6,338 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

Will be fun to watch, for sure. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users