This is from today's NY Post paper

A9RXxPBCcAArVIP.png-large.png

Posted Image
Just. End. The. Season.

#2 OFFLINE   Lunden07

Lunden07
    • 1,175 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

Someone should be sued over this. Absolutely uncalled for. People just have no class these days and do not care what they print.

#3 OFFLINE   jhutch

jhutch
    • 6,306 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

This can't be real. 

#4 OFFLINE   d3vanj

d3vanj
    • 1,631 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

no way this is real

35m1abt.png

#5 OFFLINE   Jordan Heck

Jordan Heck
    • 677 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

It's real.

http://blogs.wsj.com...irs-up-twitter/

Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   d3vanj

d3vanj
    • 1,631 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

this is ridiculous. a photo of a man seconds before he is struck dead should never be published on a "news" outlet like that -- let alone with the title they placed on the cover. i just don't know how something like this makes it all the way through the big wigs and on the streets. it is beyond infuriating. have some freaking respect..

35m1abt.png

#7 OFFLINE   Ryan915

Ryan915
    • 1,046 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:18 AM

I don't even want to make a comment on this. How this got passed is just beyond me.

#8 OFFLINE   Jets201

Jets201
    • 705 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:21 AM

Heads are gonna roll.

Posted Image
Just. End. The. Season.

#9 OFFLINE   Toreno

Toreno
    • 228 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:22 AM

The fact someone took a picture is disgusting.

#10 OFFLINE   Jordan Heck

Jordan Heck
    • 677 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:25 AM

The fact someone took a picture is disgusting.

That's what bothered me the most. Why sit and take a picture instead of trying to help? I don't know how fast the train was going so it might have been impossible, but to have the presence of mind to take a picture is crazy to me.

Posted Image

#11 ONLINE   Sami Mamou

Sami Mamou
    • 3,255 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:56 AM

Disgusting..

As somebody who's trying to get into Journalism/Broadcasting this is absolutely sickening.. Especially from the NY Post.. 

#12 ONLINE   Sami Mamou

Sami Mamou
    • 3,255 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:01 AM

If you can tell he used a real camera cause you can see the flash and the quality of the picture. This guy had enough time to pull out his camera and I guarantee you take several pictures.

He could have easily gotten to the guy and helped pull him up.. Maybe not help him be unharmed but I guarantee you he could have given that man a greater chance at survival instead of "Dooming" him.. 

• d3vanj likes this

#13 OFFLINE   Lunden07

Lunden07
    • 1,175 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:40 AM

They should punish both the photographer and the publisher

#14 ONLINE   bobferg

bobferg
    • 1,171 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:21 AM

This is why I hate New Yorkers. If this was in the midwest that dude would have been pulled off the tracks even if he was trying to kill himself. Note to New Yorkers: Get your heads out your asses.

@BobbyFerg

ManCaveSports

luckmebeautiful.png

^ GOD ^

Thanks d3v

#15 OFFLINE   Fightin' Titans

Fightin' Titans
    • 503 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:50 AM

^According to witnesses, he didn't even have enough time to get up to the edge before the train was about to hit him. People were screaming and waving their arms from the side in an attempt to get the train to stop. Camera guy said he was taking the pics in hopes the train would see the flashes and stop.

And smh, you know nothing about New York at all. Don't give it a big city stereotype because the jagoffs at the NY Post are desparate for as much controversy as they can stir up.

Posted Image

#16 ONLINE   bobferg

bobferg
    • 1,171 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:53 AM

^According to witnesses, he didn't even have enough time to get up to the edge before the train was about to hit him. People were screaming and waving their arms from the side in an attempt to get the train to stop. Camera guy said he was taking the pics in hopes the train would see the flashes and stop.

And smh, you know nothing about New York at all. Don't give it a big city stereotype because the jagoffs at the NY Post are desparate for as much controversy as they can stir up.

I have spent over a month of my life in that hell hole. I know enough to never want to go back and to have turned down a job out there.

But you are right....

@BobbyFerg

ManCaveSports

luckmebeautiful.png

^ GOD ^

Thanks d3v

#17 OFFLINE   Fightin' Titans

Fightin' Titans
    • 503 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:12 AM

Awesome. And I've spent over 18 years living next to that "hell hole" and venturing in there plenty. The people aren't bad. At all.

Someone take a dump on your car or something? 

Posted Image

#18 OFFLINE   TEK

TEK
    • 1,131 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:55 AM

Natural human reaction. Sounds terrible but it is. Bystander effect.

0426_TrufantArrives_Blog.jpg

#19 OFFLINE   Skinsfan07

Skinsfan07
    • 189 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

Don't they have the "roll unders" on NY Subway tracks? They do in DC if you fall onto the tracks, you can roll under the side so you don't get hit. Would be very shocking to me if they didn't have them in NY. 

#20 OFFLINE   TEK

TEK
    • 1,131 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

Don't they have the "roll unders" on NY Subway tracks? They do in DC if you fall onto the tracks, you can roll under the side so you don't get hit. Would be very shocking to me if they didn't have them in NY. 

I guess NY's is waaaay older so I'd guess not.

In London they've started putting up walls along platforms on the Underground, copying a few places around Europe. More places should do that.

0426_TrufantArrives_Blog.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users