App StoreGoogle Play App
@pfspotFacebookGoogle+myspaceLinkedIn

• Create Account

Photo

BCS Bowl Projections and possible chaos

bcs bowl projections kansas state oregon notre dame alabama georgia texas a&m clemson oklahoma

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Lunden07

Lunden07
    • 1,175 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

Discover BCS National Championship Game - Oregon vs. Kansas State

Tostitos Fiesta - Oklahoma vs. Texas A&M

Allstate Sugar - Georgia vs. Clemson

Rose Bowl - Notre Dame vs. Nebraska

Discover Orange - Florida State vs. Rutgers

The above projections of the BCS bowl games are what BCS expert Brad Edwards believes will happen. Now think about something. 6 of the top 9 are SEC teams. One conference can only have two teams appear in BCS bowl games. At this point, you can tell he has Georgia winning the SEC Championship over possible opponent Alabama. Texas A&M apparently jumps LSU and gets the bid for the Fiesta bowl after beating Alabama. Florida State vs Rutgers in the Orange Bowl, Notre Dame playing Nebraska in the Rose Bowl and of course the Oregon Ducks playing Kansas State in the National Championship game.

My question to you guys is what would happen if the top 3 were to all lose? You would have the top 6 all from the same conference at the end of the season and force the BCS to go outside of the top 15 for spots in their coveted BCS games. That would be absolutely crazy, but so would all of the top three teams losing. College football is crazy though so lets see how it plays out and what are your BCS bowl projections?

#2 OFFLINE   Jags&Dawgs

Jags&Dawgs
    • 357 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:52 AM

Discover BCS National Championship Game - Oregon vs. Kansas State

Tostitos Fiesta - Oklahoma vs. Texas A&M

Allstate Sugar - Georgia vs. Clemson

Rose Bowl - Notre Dame vs. Nebraska

Discover Orange - Florida State vs. Rutgers

The above projections of the BCS bowl games are what BCS expert Brad Edwards believes will happen. Now think about something. 6 of the top 9 are SEC teams. One conference can only have two teams appear in BCS bowl games. At this point, you can tell he has Georgia winning the SEC Championship over possible opponent Alabama. Texas A&M apparently jumps LSU and gets the bid for the Fiesta bowl after beating Alabama. Florida State vs Rutgers in the Orange Bowl, Notre Dame playing Nebraska in the Rose Bowl and of course the Oregon Ducks playing Kansas State in the National Championship game.

My question to you guys is what would happen if the top 3 were to all lose? You would have the top 6 all from the same conference at the end of the season and force the BCS to go outside of the top 15 for spots in their coveted BCS games. That would be absolutely crazy, but so would all of the top three teams losing. College football is crazy though so lets see how it plays out and what are your BCS bowl projections?

You think UGA can beat Bama for the Sugar Bowl?
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Thanks to SE5 for this. ^
Together
Everyone
Achieves
More.

#3 OFFLINE   Lunden07

Lunden07
    • 1,175 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:08 AM

You think UGA can beat Bama for the Sugar Bowl?

It is very possible. Aaron Murray has the best stats of any SEC Quarterback at the moment.

#4 OFFLINE   Jets201

Jets201
    • 724 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

I think Bama beats Georgia but I wouldn't be surprised, really, if UGA wins though.
Posted Image
Just. End. The. Season.

#5 OFFLINE   Lunden07

Lunden07
    • 1,175 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

I think Bama beats Georgia but I wouldn't be surprised, really, if UGA wins though.

It can go either way. I just hope whoever the winner of the SEC championship is gets a shot at the National Championship and wins it.

#6 ONLINE   jhutch

jhutch
    • 6,719 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

I think Bama beats GA. I also think Oregon loses this weekend. We can all hope!

#7 OFFLINE   Lunden07

Lunden07
    • 1,175 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

I think Bama beats GA. I also think Oregon loses this weekend. We can all hope!

I heard Oregon is without a couple of their starters on defense in this game

#8 OFFLINE   bphodges

bphodges
    • 746 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

Oregon got beat up last week. Very thin on D. Deanthony Thomas may start in the secondary.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bcs, bowl projections, kansas state, oregon, notre dame, alabama, georgia, texas a&m, clemson, oklahoma

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users