Zack Sanchez among Panthers' final cuts
Carolina Panthers general manager Dave Gettleman is not very accustomed to missing on his draft picks. We've seen him pluck and assemble more than serviceable talent throughout his four-year stint such as defensive linemen Kawann Short, Star Lotulelei and Kony Ealy, wide receivers Kelvin Benjamin and Devin Funchess, linebacker Shaq Thompson and guard Trai Turner---just to name a few.
This year, however, has quickly become an apparent anomaly.
While in the grueling process of reaching the league-mandated 53-man roster, the Panthers waived their 2016 fifth-round pick in cornerback Zack Sanchez and seventh-round pick in tight end Beau Sandland. Both rookies will now have to go untouched in the waiver wire free-for-all to land on the team's practice squad.
Here is the full list of cuts from Saturday:
- S Marcus Ball (waived)
- LB Brian Blechen (waived)
- S Stevie Brown (terminated/vested veteran)
- DT Eric Crume (waived)
- S Travell Dixon (waived)
- WR Keyarris Garrett (waived)
- LB Ben Jacobs (injured reserve)
- DT Kyle Love (terminated/vested veteran)
- TE Marcus Lucas (waived)
- DE Arthur Miley (waived)
- WR Kevin Norwood (injured reserve)
- OT Jordan Rigsbee (injured reserve)
- CB Zack Sanchez (waived)
- TE Beu Sandland (waived)
- G Chris Scott (suspension)
- RB Jalen Simmons (waived)
- DT Robert Thomas (waived)
- TE Eric Wallace (waived)
- DE Larry Webster (waived)
- RB Brandon Wegher (waived)
- G David Yankey (waived)
- CB Lou Young (waived)
For more on the Carolina Panthers, follow @Anthony_Rizzuti on Twitter.