Indianapolis Colts 2017 Schedule Announced
On Thursday night, the NFL held a television special to release its 2017 regular season schedule. For the Indianapolis Colts, it is as follows:
Week 1 – @ Los Angeles Rams, 4:05pm EST, Sunday, September 10
Week 2 – vs. Arizona Cardinals, 1:00pm EST, Sunday, September 17
Week 3 – vs. Cleveland Browns, 1:00pm EST, Sunday, September 24
Week 4 – @ Seattle Seahawks, 8:30pm EST, Sunday, October 1
Week 5 – vs. San Francisco 49ers, 1:00pm EST, Sunday, October 8
Week 6 – @ Tennessee Titans, 8:30pm EST, Monday, October 16
Week 7 – vs. Jacksonville Jaguars, 1:00pm EST, Sunday, October 22
Week 8 – @ Cincinnati Bengals, 1:00pm EST, Sunday, October 29
Week 9 – @ Houston Texans, 1:00pm EST, Sunday, November 5
Week 10 – vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, 1:00pm EST, Sunday, November 12
Week 11 – BYE WEEK
Week 12 – vs. Tennessee Titans, 1:00pm EST, Sunday, November 26
Week 13 – @ Jacksonville Jaguars, 1:00pm EST, Sunday, December 3
Week 14 – @ Buffalo Bills, 1:00pm EST, Sunday, December 10
Week 15 – vs. Denver Broncos, 8:25pm EST, Thursday, December 14
Week 16 – @ Baltimore Ravens, 4:30pm EST, Saturday, December 23
Week 17 – vs. Houston Texans, 1:00pm EST, Sunday, December 31
Going off of their 2017 opponents’ win percentage from 2016 (.424), the Colts technically face the easiest schedule in the league this year. Only four of their opponents made the playoffs in 2016 (face reigning AFC South champion Texans twice). That makes life easier for a team going through a remodel.
Re: NFL schedule, the Colts will face twice as many teams with a top ten pick this year (6) than playoff teams from last year (3).
— Josh Wilson (@JoshWilsonSB) April 20, 2017
- Week 4 @ Seahawks. Sunday Night Football
- Week 6 @ Titans. Monday Night Football
- Week 15 vs. Broncos. Thursday Night Football
- Week 6 @ Titans
- Week 7 vs. Jaguars
- Week 9 @ Texans
- Week 12 vs. Titans
- Week 13 @ Jaguars
- Week 17 vs. Texans
Other Key Games
- Week 2 vs. Cardinals – The Cardinals had a terribly down year in 2016, but that roster is still full of talent. I think they’re closer to their 2015 team than they are the 2016 version.
- Week 8 @ Bengals – Same with the Bengals. Injuries hurt them quite a bit in 2016, but they have a talent-rich roster.
- Week 10 vs. Steelers – The Steelers have whooped up on the Colts since Andrew Luck and Chuck Pagano’s arrival, and it’s usually not close. Can the Colts get off of the schneid?
- Week 16 @ Ravens – Baltimore is yet another team that had an uncharacteristically poor season in 2016. They are typically a steady-Eddie, tough team. Looks for them to be a tough test for the Colts, with both potentially looking for playoff spots.
Jake Arthur is the AFC South Division Manager, Indianapolis Colts Team Manager, Assistant Director of NFL Content and a Featured Analyst for Pro Football Spot. He is also a member of the Professional Football Writers of America. Follow @JakeArthurPFS on Twitter as well as on Facebook. Check out his other work HERE.