Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jhutch

Defensive MVP

40 posts in this topic

Robert Mathis

Justin Houston/Tamba Hali

Luke Kuechly 

I put Mathis ahead just because Hali and Houston might kind of negate eachother in the vote. 

I don't think there is anyone else close to these guys.... 

nitepipes likes this

Gotta go with Mathis.

The Chiefs guys are all fantastic, but they are benefitting from each other's greatness. Mathis is a large percentage of the defense by himself, and he's damn good.

Jake Arthur likes this

Surprised nobody has said Sean Lee: currently leads the league in tackles (90) and tied for lead in interceptions (4) with Richard Sherman. 

Surprised nobody has said Sean Lee: currently leads the league in tackles (90) and tied for lead in interceptions (4) with Richard Sherman.

On a defense that can't stop a Peewee team.

On a defense that can't stop a Peewee team.

That brings up the argument on whether you believe a team's record should weigh in the vote for DPOY. Take Sean Lee off that team and they might as well play pop warner. 

That brings up the argument on whether you believe a team's record should weigh in the vote for DPOY. Take Sean Lee off that team and they might as well play pop warner.

The DPOY should be on a good defense imo.

I'd say between Mathis and Hali. Personally, I think Tamba is having a better season than Houston. 

Agreed, but i'd still give it to Mathis for the simple fact teams game-plan around HIM and he still dominates.

Harder to gameplan for 2 good edge rushers than 1, and some role players.

I'd go with Houston, but I think the Colts lose more if Mathis goes down.  If Houston got hurt (crosses fingers, walks under ladder in reverse 400 times), the Chiefs D would still get some pressure and still be solid.  Without Mathis, i think the Colts defense falls apart.

I'd go with Houston, but I think the Colts lose more if Mathis goes down.  If Houston got hurt (crosses fingers, walks under ladder in reverse 400 times), the Chiefs D would still get some pressure and still be solid.  Without Mathis, i think the Colts defense falls apart.

But you missed that black cat I set across your path!

Seth Keysor likes this

For the most part, the guy who disrupts the QB the most is going to be the most important defensive player.  That's today's NFL.

Luke Kuechly was #3 on my list.

I was just seeing a common sense in that people are selecting players who have nothing but sacks. Sean Lee leads in tackles and is tied for the lead in INT's. Terrell Suggs has twice as many tackles as Hali, or Mathis yet only 3 sacks fewer than mathis. I mean is football really getting to the point that passing td's and sacks are the only thing that matters?

I was just seeing a common sense in that people are selecting players who have nothing but sacks. Sean Lee leads in tackles and is tied for the lead in INT's. Terrell Suggs has twice as many tackles as Hali, or Mathis yet only 3 sacks fewer than mathis. I mean is football really getting to the point that passing td's and sacks are the only thing that matters?

Again brings up the fact that I believe the DPOY should be on a good defense.

Again brings up the fact that I believe the DPOY should be on a good defense.

So you tie success as a defense into the equation. So essentially to you its all about playing on a good defense and getting alot of sacks? So there is no chance in hell you nominate a DB?